Digital Badges FAQ
A digital badge is an electronic representation of an accomplishment, affiliation or interest that is visual and available online. It is embedded with data that provides context, meaning, process and the result of an activity. This accomplishment can be verified in real time online.
Representing your skills as a badge gives you a way to share your abilities online in a way that is simple, trusted and can be easily verified in real time. Badges provide employers and peers concrete evidence of what you had to do to earn your credential and what you’re now capable of.
Credly’s platform also offers labour market insights, based on your skills. You can search and apply for job opportunities right through the platform also.
You will receive an email notification from the Credly Platform with instructions for claiming your badge and setting up your account.
You will receive an email from Credly instructing you to ‘Accept your badge’.
- Click on the Accept button in the email, this will then take you to the Credly platform where you will create an account.
- Once you create an account, you will see a message to ‘Confirm your email’.
- Finish setting up your account by following the instructions in the email sent to your email account to confirm the address you have provided.
- You will then be prompted to sign in with the credentials you created.
- Once you sign into your account, you will be able to claim your badge by clicking the ‘Accept badge’ button.
- Once verified and accepted, you will be able to share all your badges you have earned on social media
No, this is a free service provided by AACDS to further strengthen your student journey and enhance your course outcomes.
No, the badge is a digitally verifiable version of your achievement. Once you follow the instructions to accept your badge, you can go to the ‘Share badges’ section of your account and download or print off your badge.