Professional Certificate in Clinical Laser Procedures (Laser Hair Reduction)
This Professional Certificate is developed for aesthetic professionals to obtain a licence from the Radiological Council of WA to perform hair reduction using class 3B and 4 laser modalities. The course provides a holistic approach to laser practice within a cosmetic medical setting or beauty setting, encompassing units in:
- Laser and light physics
- Laser safety
- Cosmetic dermatology
- Infection control
- Hands-on laser training in a 2:1 Student to Trainer ratio
- Required supervision hours for WA laser licensing
*Please note: AACDS reserves the right to change information relating to this course based on any potential changes to the WA licensing criteria as stipulated by the Radiological Council of WA.
For more information on the changes to the laser laws in Western Australia, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
- ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- You must hold an industry relevant qualification such as the Advanced Diploma of Cosmetic Dermal Science, Graduate Diploma of Dermal Therapies, Graduate Diploma of Cosmetic Nursing, Cert IV or Diploma of Beauty Therapy, Diploma of Enrolled Nursing OR Bachelor of Nursing.
- COURSE PRICE
- Total fee for the Professional Certificate in Cosmetic Laser Procedures (Laser Hair Reduction)
= $4,125 inc. GST
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
- Upfront Payment
- Study Loans (find out more here)
- Payment Plan
|Unit Title||Study Mode||Duration|
|Analyse the principles of light-based therapies in a cosmetic medical context*||Online theory||30 hours|
|Laser safety certificate* (included in the above unit)||Online theory||30 hours|
|Perform light-based therapies for the purpose of hair reduction||Hands-on training in the AACDS Student Clinic||3 days|
|Supervised hours (students already working under a licenced laser operator may not have to complete this unit)||Hands-on training in the AACDS Student Clinic||3 days|
*Endorsed CPD Points
CPD points endorsed by the ACN are available for these units.
Students Currently Working Under a Licensee
For students currently working under the supervision of a cosmetic professional holding a WA Laser Licence in Laser Hair Reduction, you may be exempt from completing the supervised hours with AACDS. In this circumstance, the licensee at your workplace will provide your supervised hours.
Credit Transfer for AACDS Graduates
For graduates holding a qualification from AACDS, you will be exempt from the units completed within your AACDS course. However, we do recommend you complete a refresher on the unit ‘Analyse the principles of light-based therapies in a cosmetic medical context’. You will be provided free access to this online unit to refresh prior to your practical training.
1. Click the link below to download a copy of our application form
2. Complete the form
3. Email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
COURSE AT A GLANCE
Blended learning (online theory plus hands-on training)
Must hold an industry relevant qualification
Monthly intakes - Commencing Jan 2019